SELLER CHECKLIST – Interior Tasks to Prepare for Your Charlotte Home for Sale
Those who have never had a Charlotte home for sale before often think that selling is as simple as hiring a real estate agent and putting a sign in the yard. Believe me, it’s not that simple, as you’ll soon discover!
The Interior of Your Home
You’ve taken care of the exterior of your Charlotte home for sale-the first up-close impression buyers get. So, when buyers make it inside, they’re one step closer to actually buying your home. However, if the interior is a mess, this could blow the entire plan to get your home SOLD.
Here’s a checklist to make your home’s interior buyer-ready:
- Make sure the front door doesn’t stick
- Test windows to ensure they open and close easily
- Wash windows inside and out
- Move pets and pet supplies to a temporary home
- Fix leaky faucets
- Update fixtures on your cabinet hardware and door knobs
- De-clutter closets and cabinets (yes, buyers WILL open them!)
- Replace or repair cabinet doors
- Clean or replace dirty or worn grout
- Wash the walls if you’re not repainting
- Repair cracks or holes in the wall
- Paint walls a neutral color
- Remove personal items, such as knick-knacks and personal mementos
- Clean the fireplace
- Have the chimney professionally cleaned
- Remove clutter from countertops, tables and shelves
- Steam clean the carpets
- Scrub all appliances
- Clean cobwebs and dead bugs from light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Make sure every light has a working bulb
- Degrease the stove and oven
- De-clutter and clean the attic and the basement
- Clean out your garage – do not fill the garage with moving boxes-buyers tend to think that you don’t have enough storage space when the garage is filled to the brim. Rent a storage unit!
- Make sure crawl spaces have crawl space waterproofing
- Remove excess furniture
While each of the Charlotte homes for sale is unique, with different selling points and selling problems, this list is a good start for any home.
If you’re ready to sell your Charlotte home, I can help. Call me or email me for more information.
For more seller checklists to prepare your Charlotte home for sale, visit our seller page at www.iCharlotteRealEstate.com.