Looking for a new home? First, Find the Perfect Neighborhood that Fits Your Lifestyle
Buyers, anxious to make a quick home selection, often fail to take into consideration whether their new Charlotte home will work for their lifestyle. Is it in a location within a reasonable commute to the office? Is it near recreational areas that you will be utilizing regularly? Is it near the airport? If golfing is your pastime, is there a public course near the home which you're considering? Selecting the neighborhood FIRST is the wise way to shop homes for sale in Charlotte NC. Find the Charlotte neighborhood that is near the necessities for YOUR lifestyle first, then focus on the home.
1. Make a list of all of the amenities that are nearby. Keep in mind the distances and routes to each of these places, being certain that they are acceptable to you or not.
2. What features and local amenities are of importance to you? This is especially helpful if you are choosing between a few different neighborhoods in more than one area.
- Looking for parks and recreation? Are there parks nearby? Golfing?
- Is the community visually appealing?
- Prefer a private lot? Are there quiet sections, streets, culs de sac?
- Meet the neighbors! Are the people friendly in the neighborhood?
- Is the neighborhood clean? Yards, streets, parks, amenities?
- Are there mature trees and landscaping?
- Is lot size important to you? Do the lots have large or small yards?
- Are there sidewalks?
- Is the neighborhood a 'safe' one? **
- What are the market values of the homes in the area?
- How many homes are for sale in the community?
- How old is the community?
- What is the average age of the residents? **
- Just what are the demographics? **
- What is the proximity to schools, both public and private?
- Are there active community events or organizations?
**Demographics include protected classes of individuals which we, as Realtors® are prohibited from discussing with clients. There are multiple websites which can help you answer these questions on your own such as www.ZipSkinny.com and in Charlotte, www.CharMeck.org.
3. Drive around and walk through the neighborhood. The best way to determine the cleanliness and friendliness of the neighborhood is simply to walk around it and meet the residents.
Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate
Debe Maxwell, CRS, Realtor®/Broker
The Maxwell House Group
Mobile: (704) 491-3310
Originally posted at www.iCharlotteRealEstate.com
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY