Charlotte Home Buyers Guide Step 4 – Now, Let’s Go Shopping!
After you’ve defined your goals pertaining to your Charlotte real estate purchase, you’ve found a Charlotte Realtor® to get you through this process and located the lender that is right for you, it’s time to go shopping for Charlotte homes for sale!
Keep in mind that you will want your OWN Realtor® to represent YOU for the job. Also, this article should clear things up for you if you need help deciding which type of real estate professional (agent, broker, Realtor®) is right for the job. Once you have established your ‘bottom line’ with your lender and have your pre-approval in-hand, The key to the home search process is having narrowed down your wants vs. needs and having a fairly good feel for what you’re searching for in a home.
Your Charlotte home search should be narrowed down by the following two topics first:
- Lifestyle needs must come first. Do you frequent the visual arts, professional sporting events? You may choose to live near the Uptown area. Do you or someone in your household participate in team sports? You may wish to live near some of the urban or suburban playing fields or gyms. Do you prefer to live near work? That will also determine the area if you prefer a short commute time. Do you prefer not to drive to work? You will want to locate one of the communities near the LYNX light rail system. Tell us what your lifestyle needs are and we can help you find the perfect area and neighborhood to fit those needs.
- Locate the Charlotte area neighborhood or at the very least, the general area. Do you like historic communities? Do you prefer Charlotte condos or townhomes? Modern, contemporary, traditional or transitional single family homes may be your preference and we can help you find the neighborhoods that best suit your needs. If you prefer an amenity-filled community, there are plenty of those all across the city. Coupled with your lifestyle needs and your community preferences, you will be directed to the area/neighborhood that is perfect for YOU.
Also, here are a few facts about the home search process that may help put your home buying experience in perspective:
• Over 90% of buyers use the Internet to search for their new Charlotte home
• Typically, a buyer searches for 12 weeks and will view 12 homes in person
- The vast majority of buyers (over 80%) view real estate agents as very useful in the search process
- There are many benefits to starting your search process at a real estate website. This gives you the opportunity to view many homes, the details of those homes, take virtual tours and access neighborhood info from the comfort of your own home before ever heading out to tour the homes in person.
While the different property details may seem what you prefer online, homes can actually be very different in terms of layout, design, workmanship, location and other aspects when viewed in person. Your experienced REALTOR® will be able to point out things that you might miss, provide an expert analysis of the property and the comparable properties, and act as an impartial sounding board for you.
Start your Charlotte home search here at www.iCharlotteRealEstate.com where there are a multitude of ways to search for your new home!
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY